Illustrations are among the best ways of teaching kids. It has been scientifically proved that kids respond more to images that are bright and colourful, much more than they do to sounds. This is because of the simple fact that light travels faster than sound. Hence our eyes are more receptive than our ears. We are more likely to remember seeing something rather than hearing it. This is also the reason why sometimes, we may forget someone’s voice, but we can never somehow remember their faces.
The same principle can be applied while you are teaching your kids music. It is quite possible that in spite of putting in many efforts, kids may not be able to remember everything. Thus, you can make their memories much sharper with the help of Music Flashcards. These are very simple pieces of laminated cardboard that contain some beautiful illustrations of various musical questions. They are available for all kinds of subjects in music. The number of cards available is extremely vast and comprehensive. Thus, you can gather a very wide set, and have separate ones for each student depending on what he or she needs the most.
Music Flashcards must however be properly designed. Kids react best only to sharply defined and clear images the best. If you feel that you will not be able to make good ones yourself, or lack the time, you can download them easily from the internet. While teaching. You can conduct some simple quizzes, and hold up these flashcards of music in class, and ask your students to identify them. Even if students are not able to get them right at first, the image of the illustration gets embedded in their minds, and they find that they are able to recollect the names of the illustrations much better. You can use these cards to teach music theory, history and so on.
With summer fast approaching many studios are preparing for end-of-school-year recitals. An important aspect of a successful piano recital is the observance of proper recital etiquette. Below are the top ten rules that audience members should observe when attending a recital.
(1) Arrive on time, or a little early. When audience members arrive on time it provides the best opportunity for the performance to begin on time. Arriving a few minutes early will also allow for time to get a program and to get seated. In fact, those who arrive early usually get the best pick on seating.
(2) Limit perfumes or colognes. While perfumes, colognes and scented body lotions do smell good, in a recital/concert setting it is NOT considered appropriate to wear strong smelling scents. Many people have allergies to perfumes. So, out of respect to the other members in the audience it is considered proper etiquette to limit, or refrain from, applying scented items on your body or clothing.
(3) Sit QUIETLY and listen to the performances. The role of the audience is to provide appropriate support and encouragement to the performer, and to receive enjoyment from the performance. As such, it is expected that audience members follow some basic rules:
* No talking, loud whispering, or humming along during a performance. Additionally, noisy candy or cough drop wrappers should be avoided! This can be very distracting to the performer and can (especially in young students) cause problems in the performance. It is also quite distracting for audience members.
* Remain seated during the performance (no wiggling or walking about), and only leave between pieces if absolutely necessary.
* No gum. Smacking and chewing noises can distract other audience members. And, gum dropped in a recital venue can create a “sticky” mess. It is best to use (quiet) breath mints instead.
* No whistling, yelling, or other loud methods of congratulations should be done, especially prior to the performance. If a performer is focused and ready to play, but becomes distracted with the “cat-calling” and “whooping” it can really throw off his performance. While boisterous congratulations are meant to show support for the performer, it may actually cause unintended problems instead. The best way to show appreciation for the performance is with thunderous applause, and an occasional “bravo” at the end of an especially great performance.
(4) Go to the bathroom BEFOREHAND. If it becomes absolutely necessary to leave the hall during the recital it should be done quietly and between pieces rather than in the middle of a piece.
(5) No flash photography. If pictures or video are allowed in the recital it is best to stand in the back and be as unobtrusive or noisy as possible. And, cameras should have the flash turned off. Random and/or unexpected flashing of cameras (along with the clicking noises) can really distract a performer.
(6) Turn off your cell phone or other electronic devices. It’s obvious enough that phone ringing and beeping is very distracting to the performer and the audience alike. It is necessary to save the texting and talking for after the recital is over.
(7) Attend the entire recital. Leaving early is not considered proper etiquette. All of the performers have worked hard to prepare for the event and all deserve equal respect and courtesy (i.e. a full recital hall).
(8) Clap appropriately. In addition to providing applause in congratulations it is also important to remember to only clap at appropriate times. For example, a multi-movement piece should only receive clapping when all of the movements have been played. Also, in piano recitals it is NOT considered appropriate to clap after an especially brilliant passage has been played. Instead, applause is reserved for after the performance is over (or when the performer first enters the stage).
(9) Dress appropriately. Unless otherwise indicated in the invitation the general rule on recital attire is for it to be clean, not have holes or tears, and be more dressy than a tank top or casual t-shirt or other other overly casual clothing (like short jean skirts or shorts). A good practice is to dress as if going to church or on an interview.
(10) Most important of all is to enjoy the music. Creating an environment which allows all audience members to listen to the performances unhindered will result in an enjoyable and valuable experience for all involved. After all music is fun! It should be enjoyed.
There are many benefits to learning, teaching and applying proper recital etiquette. Recital etiquette is an important social skill that audience members should know and practice.
Back growing up I remember my first car music player, the good ole 8 track tape player. I bought it at the local department store with money I earned by pumping gas on weekends for $1.00 per hour (I know I’m dating myself here). The player was a nondescript box with a couple of lights on the front of it and a button to switch tracks. It mounted underneath the dash on supports mounted by drilling holes in the underside of the dash. Two big speakers mounting on the rear surface of the back seat completed the installation. The music was loaded onto magnetic tape that played noisily, and the sound quality was not that good, but we didn’t care – it was our music. My how things have changed.
The car entertainment center being sold today offers a myriad of audio/digital functions. Sure, there is the standard AM/FM receiver that has always been common, as well as a CD player and/or cassette deck. But that is where the similarity stops. Today’s digital wonders play music from a plethora of sources – mp3 players such as the iPod, satellite music, smartphones, and USB thumb drives just to name a few.
How would you like to see “Transformers” from the front seat of your car? Today’s receivers offer a DVD player along with the assorted music options so you can watch your favorite movie while the spouse is in the store shopping. It turns being a designated driver into an enjoyable experience.
Are you one of those who hates to ask for directions (I confess, I am)? Just switch to GPS mode and be given directions to your favorite coffee shop in no time. Have trouble parallel parking? Some receivers come with a rear facing camera that makes getting into that crowded parking space a snap.
In some states it is against the law to talk on a cellphone while you are driving. Have no fear – some receivers offer hands free Bluetooth communication while you are driving, enabling you to pay attention to the road. When you receive a call, answer the phone, and you hear the caller through the speakers in your car. This is a much safer way to discuss business or evening plans with your spouse.
With all of these features, it is worth mentioning that the receivers these days do a much better job of what their ancestors were designed to do – play music. the sound quality of these modern players rival that of home theater systems. Features such as equalizers make the music being played in different interiors sound like you are in a concert hall.
The best thing about all of these new players is that you don’t have to rob a bank to buy one. You can get a pretty full featured unit for about the same price as a higher quality car stereo back 10 years ago. If you haven’t taken a look at the new generation of car entertainment devices, you may want to try, especially since Christmas gives a good opportunity to upgrade. You never can tell when 8 track tape players may go out of style.
To make your own beats, you don’t need to an expert in it. Technological advances have changed things now and anybody can make music sitting right in front of their computer. It is only the mindset which is required to create music not any fixed rules. Make any kind of beats that your mind and soul loves. Genre is not so significant and you can make it free style when you begin.
After reaching a comfort level, you can move to difficult parts but you must not confine yourself in any kind of rules as final goal is to make music that audience loves to hear. Take criticism coming through your way positively as it can help you in progressing ahead. You can tweak the beats as per comments and then you can compare original beats with new beats and it will help you in getting more audience.
People who want to create music must listen to lots of music to examine construction of beats. Find and emulate what makes beats so special. You must not copy music to avoid copyright infringement but you can add same music-elements (sequence/ tempo/ pitch/ intensity etc.) in your beats. With time comes the talent of creating special as well as unique beats. Do not limit yourself to particular music genres/ types, rather be creative and venture-out all genres (rap/ hip hop/ jazz/ techno) or combination of these.
If you make your own beats and those beats are engaging the audience, then the beats are really excellent. You require beat maker software to make this possible. It must allow adding, editing, mixing beats using different instrumentals only from the keyboard of your computer. Fresh ideas and ear for good music is all you need to become a rock star extraordinaire.
There was always a problem for people who had to tune their instruments in loud environments, especially loud music environments, which are obviously so common for musicians.
This was that noise always made it very difficult to be able to tune an instrument properly. The Intelli IMT 500 Digital Tuner is aimed at solving just this problem and in that respect is part of an approach that has really turned the way things are done on it’s head.
The Tuner itself basically clamps to the head of any instrument and allows the user to tune it, without any need for either a microphone, wire or pick and it really doesn’t matter how loud the noise is in the surrounding area.
When these types of devices started to come out, there were some teething problems, most notably with the intellitouch, the Intelli IMT 500’s predecessor, in that they always had problems with bass tuning. However, this seems to have improved upon this significantly, and there are now very few issues.
In fact, it is fast becoming an indispensable tool for acoustic musicians. The device is very easy to use and easily clamps on to any string instrument. The display will actually swivel round, so it can basically be seen from all different angles. The display is also has an LED back light so people can tune their instruments whatever the lighting situation is.
The other major plus point for this tuner, is that is is very competitively priced and much cheaper than any similar models that are on the market today.
Are you looking for some inexpensive, easy to use beat producer software? If that’s the case, you have come across the right article. I will tell you how music evolved so much where it is now possible to create music using just a computer and a simple software program.
Back in the day when I was first starting performing as an artist, I used to go to a producer’s studio all the time to listen to beats and record. He had everything you could imagine. The whole studio costs over $30,000 worth of equipment. He always had the latest MPCs, Motif keyboards, guitars, and even drum sets. He knew how to play all of those equipment, so it never crossed my mind that in a few years down the road, you will not need all of these tools in order to create good, quality music.
It got to the point where I got tired and frustrated with dealing with producers and their antics. I had to pay for everything, and I wanted a producer to make the type of music and sounds that I wanted to hear. Not his style. After working with over dozens of producers (including major producers), I decided to maybe see if I could create my own beats.
I hired a producer and he agreed to start giving me lessons with his studio equipment. I got started using an MPC. It looked easy enough, but for some reason, I just couldn’t grab the concept, so I just thought producing music was not for me. However, after researching online I then discovered that you could create beats with beat producer software and not have to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on studio equipment to make hot tracks.
I simply downloaded a software program onto my laptop and literally in minutes, I was able to start making my own beats. I couldn’t believe my ears! The software came with video tutorials so I basically just followed along with the creator. It has a friendly interface, thousands of sounds already pre-installed, and you even have an option to add your own accessories such as a drum machine, keyboards, etc so you can transfer your own sounds onto the program.
Today, I retired performing. I’m now a producer that makes money off of people buying my beats! I cater to my artists and no one controls me. I do what I want to do and make money off of it. It doesn’t get any easier than this.
Whoever created beat producer software deserves a trophy. I don’t know where I would be at today if I didn’t have this avenue to explore. I encourage artists and producers to try beat making software. My software cost me less than $30 bucks and the beats I make sounds like they’re were created from the Hit Factory.
For those of you who are interested in combining your passion for music with your desire to have a technical career in the field that you are most interested it, you should think about potentially enrolling in one of the many music production programs that are out there waiting for eager students to break into them.
So the phrase ‘music production’ might be just a little bit misleading, as the term has changed what it signifies in the last several years. It used to be that a music producer brought a team together to make music, but now it’s more of a person who actually does the creation and mixing of the songs on an album or EP.
As far as classroom procedure goes, you’ll be learning about all different aspects of music production, from hardware units to software digital audio workstations, and from the history of music to where the industry is headed in the near future. You’d be surprised on how much you’ll learn in such a short period of time during school.
Business concepts will also be an important part of your education, as it doesn’t matter how great you are at something if you can’t figure out how to exchange that greatness for money! Things like licensing, publishing, copyrights, and samples will be discussed until the teachers are blue in the face, and even then you won’t know the entirety of what’s going on until you get out into the real world.
After graduation, the search for jobs starts, and you’ll note that suddenly you’re qualified for a whole bunch of things you didn’t even know existed, from live sound opportunities to chances to work in mixing and mastering studios, to being able to do sound design work for movies or be on the set to do live sound and foley recording.
And don’t be afraid, for as technical as the school might seem, there is always an undercurrent of excitement and creativity that pervades through all of the jobs you might run into. Since every one of them is differently, you’ll be using the skills you’ve learned at school in different ways almost every time you start a new project.
As a professional music producer, you’ll probably end up one of a few specific places, those places being Los Angeles, New York, and Nashville, which are some of the most exciting places to live in the United States, for sure. Bring on the crowds, and bring on the competition!
So follow your dreams, and look into any of the many fine music production programs that are available throughout the United States and around the world, and take that first step to becoming the person you always wanted to be.
Dubstep, techno and drum and bass technicians will at some point want a heavy Reese bass for there new dance floor track. The Reese bass is the classic ‘dirty bass’ sound. From the deeper terrorist Reese to the intense alien girl Reese they all have one thing in common. The saw tooth wave.
Firstly, get a multi oscillator synth (ideally 3 or 4 oscillators) for example the native massive, ES2 by Logic or reasons maelstrom. You will want to set the first oscillator and all the other oscillators to the saw tooth wave form. There are many harmonic frequencies in the saw tooth, The normal waves ramps upward and then drops sharply. There are also sawtooth waves where the wave ramps down and then rises sharply. That kind of sawtooth wave is called a ‘reverse sawtooth’ or ‘inverse sawtooth’. As signals, the two variations of the sawtooth sound the same until paired together.
After you have got your synth running with 3 oscillators, it’s time to detune them by around +/- 25cents, this is very effective for drum and bass and dubstep. This gives the Reese a very dark edgy sound, rather than just a buzzy electro kind of sound.
Once you have got your detuned saw tooth, (this is essentially the basis of the Reese) – You can go ahead and start twisting and shaping the sound for your specific genre, dubstep or drum and bass. Here are some of the main parameters you can use:
ASDR on the filter A interesting method to get a movement on the Reese bass is to add filtering triggered by an envelope, Reese bass patches are very sensitive to filters and utilizing a high pass filter you can get a very driven sounding lead, or use a low pass and get a very nice bass. try using about 20% of filter attack for dubstep and 30% for jungle.
Phaser Because of the harmonic phases all ready occurring due to the multiple oscillation, adding a phase plug in can and does work very well. It’s better to use a sparse amount of phase to subtly enhance the sound rather than extreme amounts
Flanger The flange process can add a nice bit of subtle metallic rasp to the sound, this helps gives you a big bad dubstep sound.
Delay The delay effect can make a Reese sound wicked! Pre drop delayed Reese bass can add a very tense build up.
Reverb Again subtle uses of reverb can act very effectively on your sound, Guitar amp reverbs tend to work well with Reese bass and also come packed with distortion for extra bite.
Other effects that enhances your Reece include: Distortion, compression, LFO, unison and analogue knobs (like on the ES2 and massive) and auto filters work especially well with dubstep.
In summary, it is best to process your Reese line a lot for dubstep and drum and bass music production. It’s a well used if not over used sound, so to make it stand out you will have to be creative with your sound programming skills – Filters act in the most effective way and reverb is king!
Try to buy a guided meditation audio; at the same time feel meditated at the comfort of your own home and save your time, money and effort from getting an appointment from a meditation instructor. Repeating the same process over and over again can be minimized and an assurance for you to meditate consequently.
Using prayer beads and other objects intended for rituals are used during meditation. You can easily do meditation if you want to achieve concentration and if you want to have a good sleep. Meditation can also be called as the stage as to where your concentration will focus and all of the many procedures and actions you will do to sink in to the state of meditation.
The guided meditation audio is a helpful material for those who prefer meditation as their relaxation recreation. Audios are available and will be able to guide you in all the process and procedures, most importantly if you are on your first time.
Higher Self Channeling, Distance Reiki Session, Foundation Meditation and many more are some choices you can choose from the guided audio meditation. Affordable and easy to follow guided meditation audio is the best to have if you want to meditate.
Here are some of the factors you should know about purchasing a Guided Meditation Audio:
1. If you are planning to buy a guided meditation audio, make sure that is has the good audio quality. The format and the output of the audio will guide you all throughout the process and avoid skipping this factor in order to follow the instructions flawlessly. You don’t want to bother yourself replaying the audio many times. It would be a total waste of money and time.
2. The most important factor that you should not forget is the voice of the audio. It sets the mood of the guided meditation audio along with the background music that is engineered to produce a real meditation aura. With the help of a good narrator that has a good pronunciation of words.
Tips when listening to Guided Meditation Audio:
1. Distractions are banned if you want to perform meditation. You don’t want to get tired of meditating back and starting all over again. Considering that you want to have a good night sleep or want to improve and get rid of your sleeping disorders, you do your meditation before sleeping. When you want to boost your energy level and be highly concentrated at work, you can meditate first day in the morning.
2. Relax yourself to get better result from your meditation. There are options: if you want to the “lotus” position it is okay and also you can just sit in a comfortable chair to increase you concentration state. You can lose some of your tension before meditating through exercising daily or in the morning. In meditation you need to be comfortable as you are, so you can have higher concentration. Wearing loose-fitted clothing can be a great idea. Never drink alcohol or any other substances that may affect the reality of your mind.
3. Concentration is main keyword for meditation, you should not listen to the audio guided meditation if you are in the middle of driving your car or doing anything that may disturb your focus.
4. It most recommended seeing your doctor on or before meditation especially if you have illness such as epilepsy, having seizures and if you are pregnant.
5. Having the purpose of solving some of your problems through meditation should also mean that you should focus on the early stages of your meditating sessions. Help yourself focus on your particular goals in life in order to achieve full success.
A lot of rappers and singers are under the misconception that you can record a song with the worst equipment and it doesn’t matter cause they will fix it in mixing and mastering. That is the complete opposite of the truth and I don’t want you to fall in that trap.
I have mixed dozens of artist’s tracks and the hardest ones (the ones that won’t come out sounding good anyway) are the one’s that have the worst quality to begin with. The reason is because music is not alchemy, you cannot turn something already bad into a masterpiece. If you were a chef with the worst quality beef you are not going to throw seasonings and the trimmings on it and make a decent hamburger. The starting product must be fresh or else the whole song is ruined.
Of course there are people who cite Soulja Boy’s rise when he was making Crank Dat and it was all distorted. Soulja Boy was a unique case but don’t expect the same results for you. Most likely no one will take you seriously if your quality it bad. To them you will just be another want to-be who spams their page with “NEW HOT MUSIC” and it turns out it just gives them a headache.
Now I know you guys have great material and it’s important that you express it with the world. You must have authority for people to want to listen to you though. That’s why getting the best quality before hand is starting out on the right foot and it will be much easier to gain a fan base like that. It will also be easier to sell more of your music and merchandise.
1. Microphone & Cable
These 2 items are crucial in recording audio of any kind. If you want great quality before you mix you need to invest in a great low cost microphone (I have a post on my home site that has a great list from you to choose from) and a great microphone cable. Artist’s usually think of the microphone cable as the least thing they need to worry about but in more ways than one it’s more important than the actual microphone. Do yourself a favor – invest in a Monster cable and make sure people are not stepping on it!
This will connect your microphone to the computer. Your recording tends to be better when there are less connections from the audio source (ex: The microphone to cable) to the recorder (ex: Pro Tools on your computer). That means invest in one that has USB or Firewire capabilities – not only is it fast loading but will give you a powerful edge quality wise.
Don’t overlook the quality of the beat either, if the beat quality is bad it will drag down the whole song. Buy exclusive rights to the beat from the producer and get the mix handled by a professional. If that’s not possible do not use that beat at all!
Before I close this out I just want to mention that if your on a tight budget you can get great quality at a low cost. I have a post on my site about the best cheap microphones I advise you to check out. After that you will need the best microphone cable and preamp you can afford. If you do all those 3 things correctly there should be no issue with the quality of vocal after that.